This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Agricola 1 year, 10 months ago.
January 2, 2018 at 1:20 pm #545
Leonardo Da Vinci born in 1452.
During his life it is estimated he produced between 20,000 to 28,000 pages of notes and sketches about work related subjects.
There are entries on: anatomy, engineering, philosophy, painting, botany, physiology, landscapes, proportion, perspective, architecture, warfare, geography, zoology, light and shade, theories and inventions.
He started writing his journals when he was 26. and his notes were written between 1478 and his death at age 67 in 1519. It is believed that he produced at least 50 notebooks. Source
The experts seem to agree that Leonardo was left handed; however, he wrote in an unusual way even for a lefty. In most texts:
He started writing at the right and continued to the left. and letters are inverted (back to front).
The Vitruvian Man (Italian: Le proporzioni del corpo umano secondo Vitruvio, which is translated to “The proportions of the human body according to Vitruvius”), or simply L’Uomo Vitruviano is a drawing by Leonardo da Vinci around 1490. wiki
The drawing is based on the proportions described by the ancient Roman architect Vitruvius in Book III of his treatise De architectura.
The proporties are described by the drawing of the human figure as the classical ideal body. The drawing itself is often used as an implied symbol of the essential symmetry of the human body, and by extension, the symmetry of the universe as a whole.
The navel of the man as the exact center of the circle.
The genitals as the exact center of the square. More math research here.
The first two lines of the text on top of the Vitruvian man are (anti-)mirrored and the transcription added:
What is interesting to look at, from the Voynich (VMS) perspective, are:
- the word-ending with -o -> word initial o-
- the word-ending with -V -> word initial V- however the curl in mirror version is on the left and not like in the VMS on the right
- on archi…we see that that the ch has a very solid curl on the h, which is both attached to the top as well as a curl to the bottom of the digram. However these curls are never separated from it.
- the d’ or the d is more like a p or a mirrored p and does not resemble a letter in the VMS
- on dalla, nella, we see that the ll could be similar to the VMS [k] or [t] with some minor changes
- the stroke on the right on the plus sign on the left is not visible to a left to right reader, even when you focus on it, it is very hard to detect that it actually is a very well written 4. Once anti-mirrored that is very clear.
- on the word modo, we see that although rounder in form, we could see the VMS form [4O] in it, but then as normal (anti-mirrored) text
- as normal (anti-mirrored) text we can see that if written cioe, the first letters ci are identical to the VMS [ch], sometimes
- the d in diti, resembles the VMS [g].
- the l on palmo, again resembles very much part of the VMS [k] or [t]
- if Leonarde uses 1 (one) he puts a small circle above the character. Such can also be found incidentally in the VMS
The total text:
Above the image:
Vetruvio, architecto, mecte nella sua op(er)a d’architectura, chelle misure dell’omo sono dalla natura
disstribuite inquessto modo cioè che 4 diti fa 1 palmo, et 4 palmi fa 1 pie, 6 palmi fa un chubito, 4
cubiti fa 1 homo, he 4 chubiti fa 1 passo, he 24 palmi fa 1 homo ecqueste misure son ne’ sua edifiti.
Settu ap(r)i ta(n)to le ga(m)be chettu chali da chapo 1/14 di tua altez(z)a e ap(r)i e alza tanto le b(r)acia che cholle lunge dita tu tochi la linia della
somita del chapo, sappi che ‘l cie(n)tro delle stremita delle
ap(er)te me(m)bra fia il bellicho. Ello spatio chessi truova infralle ga(m)be fia tria(n)golo equilatero
Below the image:
Tanto ap(r)e l’omo nele b(r)accia, qua(n)to ella sua alteza.
Dal nasscimento de chapegli al fine di sotto del mento è il decimo dell’altez(z)a del(l)’uomo. Dal di socto del mento alla som(m)i-
tà del chapo he l’octavo dell’altez(z)a dell’omo. Dal di sop(r)a del pecto alla som(m)ità del chapo fia il sexto dell’omo. Dal di so-
p(r)a del pecto al nasscime(n)to de chapegli fia la sectima parte di tucto l’omo. Dalle tette al di sop(r)a del chapo fia
la quarta parte dell’omo. La mag(g)iore larg(h)ez(z)a delle spalli chontiene insè [la oct] la quarta parte dell’omo. Dal go-
mito alla punta della mano fia la quarta parte dell’omo, da esso gomito al termine della isspalla fia la octava
parte d’esso omo; tucta la mano fia la decima parte dell’omo. Il menb(r)o birile nasscie nel mez(z)o dell’omo. Il
piè fia la sectima parte dell’omo. Dal di socto del piè al di socto del ginochio fia la quarta parte dell’omo.
Dal di socto del ginochio al nasscime(n)to del memb(r)o fia la quarta parte dell’omo. Le parti chessi truovano infra
il me(n)to e ‘l naso e ‘l nasscime(n)to de chapegli e quel de cigli ciasscuno spatio p(er)se essimile alloreche è ‘l terzo del volto
If you would write the surname Davinci you can imagine that the word [Daiin] could be an abbreviation for it.
It is implausible that Leonardo would ever write it like that, because as a bastard son, he rarely used something else then Leonardo
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.