Theories

Home Forums Voynich in general Theories

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MarcoP 1 year ago.

• Author

NewPrespective
    Participant
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

There’s no wrong theories until the code is cracked, so i hope nobody corrects anybody here. I want this forum topic to collect all the general theories or assumptions anyone has about the book.

Hoping we can look at the book in different ways.

-Q

• #789 Score: 0

NewPrespective
    Participant
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

Okay, well Ill post my theory first I guess;

My assumption is that it is a medical journal pertaining almost exclusively on the topic of birth.

That’s why we see woman of diffent sizes bathing (different trimesters in some herbal bathe), Astrological maps and star signs along with different city’s and locations (case studies of children born under certain signs and how they change depending on location), and plants illustrations (Possibly remedies to ease prenatal problems or as ‘potions’ to try to get a change in gender or birth at a certain time. Possible experimentation of old recipes or wives tales.)

Why would all of this be written in code?

I assume because he was doing or saying something in them that would be considered unethical or was studying methods that wouldnt be welcomed in the place he was originally from.

I also don’t think the manuscript is from a latin or German speaker, it may have been, but if it was written in code i think the translated words may be consequential. (Like how the Japanese ‘What? Not!’ (Said as ‘i didnt’ but thats how to get the sound in translator if you wanna check) sounds like ‘Me deny.’ in english. Basically the same thing but two completely different languages that just so happen to have one phase that sounds simalar.

Those are my assumption’s. Any corrections or anything to add or debunk?

-Q

• #793 Score: 0

NewPrespective
    Participant
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

HEY CAN ANYBODY HERE CONFIRM THE OLD TURKISH TRANSLATION?!

-Q

• #794 Score: 0

MarcoP
    Participant
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    3 pts

Link, please?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.